When Sofienberg at the end of last week realized that they were in the lead in for the world championship title, the recruitment was increased.
- Friday afternoon, Kristin asked me if I wanted to go cycling. I haven’t tried it much until now, but it was awesome, says one of the ladies who was recruited to ensure the victory.
- We were a little eager at the end, but it was so fun and everyone was determined to win, says physiotherapist Kristin Sørum Stana.
And despite the fact that only a few kilometers separated Sofienberghjemmet and Lura Boas from Sandnes Friday morning, they eventually won.
The winning team cycled a total of 4780.7 km
Over 40 cyclists have contributed with their mileage, and so this became a proper team victory. Friday it was duly celebrated with champagne, trumpet fanfare, confetti, cake, cheers and poppies.
It was with joy and great excitement two of the cyclists received the big trophy on behalf of the Sofienberg-team.
A map of Norway is placed on the wall and was a motivating factor during the competition.
- We started the cycling in Oslo, saw movies from the local area, and our goal was to reach Nordkapp. We wanted to see movies from the places we passed along the way, Nina says.
Early on in the competition it became clear that we had to set a bigger goal.
- We actually went to Nordkapp and back, and had even more time left. Therefore, we took a trip along the southern coast and visited Sandnes to "greet" our competitors from Lura, Kristin laughs.
Stein and Wigdis got bronze-medals →
Emotional bikers and employees
There are many good experiences from cyclists and employees during the Road Worlds for Seniors. That's why it became a bit emotional for several parties
when the proud cyclists received their medals.
Especially for the bronze winner for men, Stein, it was a big moment.
- It had been great fun to have participated in this competition. And that I won the bronze medal, was really big, he says
Sofienberghjemmet also received the bronze medal in the women's class after an impressive finish by Wigdis.
Sofienberghjemmet has done a great effort, and without the fantastic support team they wouldn’t have achieved this success.
FANTASTIC SUPPORT TEAM: Nina, Kristin and Eli is a BIG part of the success!